Does learning about Steer 534 change how you feel about eating beef? What rules (if any) do you think need to be in place in regard to cattle feed? How do you feel about the ingredients listed?
Learning about steer 534 made me really think about when I eat beef. After learning about steer 534 though I have not really eaten a lot of beaf because if just sounds like eating garbage loaded up with a lot of corn (I have also try to eat less corn). Whick brings me to my next point; I think a rule should be thay cattle should be fed grass not corn or even other parts of different cow :S.
I now want to becume a vegitarean. That is gross@__@.Why can't people just let cows live in pastures like they are soposed to. Ther should be a law that states that cows can't live in pilles of ther own poo. I "ate" steak today and only ate 2 pices and remembered steer 534 and put down my fork and walked away(the only other thing i had was corn).
Learning about steer 534 made me think about beef just a little bit, I think that having a cattle would be a good learning experience for someone who wanted to. I think that they should make it so that people can see what they are doing behind the closed doors. They should also make it so that if a farmer grew its animals properly then they should be anle to slaughter the cows and animals if they wanted to.
It made me think about where our food comes from. They need to eat grass no corn. I think the ingrediants that the cow was fed should be listed on the package label.
Learning about that kind of made me sick. It kind of made me not want to eat so much steak anymore. I agree with the ingrediants should be put on the back of the food you buy.
I felt horrible about the way that these cattle are being treated. I don't eat read meat, so it doesn't really affect me, but I think that people should treat red meat as a treat, like once a week. Cows should ONLY be fed grass, not chicken guts... It disgusts me to learn of what goes into cattle feed. The government really needs to step in and say no about this!
I felt really bad about what they feed cattle. It should be against the law. It's not only gross, but it's sick and wrong to force animals to eat what they naturally don't eat. They should have a lable on the package listing all the ingredients the cow was feed. How many people would want that meat? It would probably force them to change thier ways because they wouldn't be selling much. It should be against the law to feed cows anything but grass and that the cattle should live in pastures not in thier own filth.
A cow's diet.. it reminds me of something we call...steroids. Their diet is basically corn+steroids+drugs+more corn. Its disgusting. Cows have evolved to eat grass, and by forcing corn into their mouths is like forcing a human to walk on all fours. Beef... i rarely eat it. Laws about cow's diets should be inplace, such as "Any animal domesticated, by law, should never be forced to take drugs of any kind."
Learning about steer 534 made me really think about the poor meat we eat. The night before I had had a McDonald's cheese burger and it made me sick to realize what the poor cows I had eaten had to go through. It also almost made me sick when I learned that McDonalds is happy with the 5% rate of the cows "processed" alive. That means that every hour about twenty cows are turned in to hamburgers while they are still alive! Disgusting, right?
Learning about steer 534 first changed my thinking about eating beef, but then I thought about it and decided to eat beef. I think that more people should have to feed their cows grass.
Learning about steer 534 made me realize how bad we treat cows. Why are we making cows eat corn when they are supossed to eat grass and hay. It is like making a human eat other humans. It isn't right! America eats so much poor meat. Why can't we just go back to feeding cows what they are meant to eat?
We shouldn't be allowed to feed cows anything but grass and hay. They shouldn't be able to stand in a pile of their own manure. We should also have the special scanner that they have in Denmark, where they scan the meat and it tells you what the cow was feed, a picture of where it grew up, and etc. Then people wouldn't be buying as much meat as they do now!
After reading about Steer 534, I got really mad at the government. Why aren't they doing any thing! Since i'm a vegetarian, I don't really have to worry about what meat is being feed, though it does disgust me what their being feed and how they're being treated. They're living creatures too and should be respected or atleast able to eat grass. Like what Carly K. said, they shouldn't have to eat chicken guts.
Learning about steer 534 made me really think about when I eat beef. After learning about steer 534 though I have not really eaten a lot of beaf because if just sounds like eating garbage loaded up with a lot of corn (I have also try to eat less corn). Whick brings me to my next point; I think a rule should be thay cattle should be fed grass not corn or even other parts of different cow :S.
ReplyDeleteI now want to becume a vegitarean. That is gross@__@.Why can't people just let cows live in pastures like they are soposed to. Ther should be a law that states that cows can't live in pilles of ther own poo. I "ate" steak today and only ate 2 pices and remembered steer 534 and put down my fork and walked away(the only other thing i had was corn).
ReplyDeleteLearning about steer 534 made me think about beef just a little bit, I think that having a cattle would be a good learning experience for someone who wanted to. I think that they should make it so that people can see what they are doing behind the closed doors. They should also make it so that if a farmer grew its animals properly then they should be anle to slaughter the cows and animals if they wanted to.
ReplyDeleteIt made me think about where our food comes from. They need to eat grass no corn. I think the ingrediants that the cow was fed should be listed on the package label.
ReplyDeleteLearning about that kind of made me sick. It kind of made me not want to eat so much steak anymore. I agree with the ingrediants should be put on the back of the food you buy.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Chloe
ReplyDeleteI felt horrible about the way that these cattle are being treated. I don't eat read meat, so it doesn't really affect me, but I think that people should treat red meat as a treat, like once a week. Cows should ONLY be fed grass, not chicken guts... It disgusts me to learn of what goes into cattle feed. The government really needs to step in and say no about this!
ReplyDeleteI felt really bad about what they feed cattle. It should be against the law. It's not only gross, but it's sick and wrong to force animals to eat what they naturally don't eat. They should have a lable on the package listing all the ingredients the cow was feed. How many people would want that meat? It would probably force them to change thier ways because they wouldn't be selling much. It should be against the law to feed cows anything but grass and that the cattle should live in pastures not in thier own filth.
ReplyDeleteA cow's diet.. it reminds me of something we call...steroids. Their diet is basically
ReplyDeletecorn+steroids+drugs+more corn. Its disgusting.
Cows have evolved to eat grass, and by forcing corn into their mouths is like forcing a human to walk on all fours. Beef... i rarely eat it.
Laws about cow's diets should be inplace, such as "Any animal domesticated, by law, should never be forced to take drugs of any kind."
I agree with Chloe the meat we get should have the main "ingrediants" (or food the cows eat) should be onlisted on a package label. :)
ReplyDeleteLearning about steer 534 made me really think about the poor meat we eat. The night before I had had a McDonald's cheese burger and it made me sick to realize what the poor cows I had eaten had to go through. It also almost made me sick when I learned that McDonalds is happy with the 5% rate of the cows "processed" alive. That means that every hour about twenty cows are turned in to hamburgers while they are still alive! Disgusting, right?
ReplyDeleteLearning about steer 534 first changed my thinking about eating beef, but then I thought about it and decided to eat beef. I think that more people should have to feed their cows grass.
ReplyDeleteI ate at mcdonalds today, but i had a fish fillet.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if there's something wrong with the fish too?
Learning about steer 534 made me realize how bad we treat cows. Why are we making cows eat corn when they are supossed to eat grass and hay. It is like making a human eat other humans. It isn't right! America eats so much poor meat. Why can't we just go back to feeding cows what they are meant to eat?
ReplyDeleteWe shouldn't be allowed to feed cows anything but grass and hay. They shouldn't be able to stand in a pile of their own manure. We should also have the special scanner that they have in Denmark, where they scan the meat and it tells you what the cow was feed, a picture of where it grew up, and etc. Then people wouldn't be buying as much meat as they do now!
After reading about Steer 534, I got really mad at the government. Why aren't they doing any thing! Since i'm a vegetarian, I don't really have to worry about what meat is being feed, though it does disgust me what their being feed and how they're being treated. They're living creatures too and should be respected or atleast able to eat grass. Like what Carly K. said, they shouldn't have to eat chicken guts.
ReplyDelete