Hi all! You have not been abandoned so don't worry. There are several more people who want to read the book/join the blog. I am in the process of ordering more books. I know that some of you are already finished with the book, but try not to forget what you read :) I am fine with people posting relevant posts. Know that we will take this blog through at least the end of March.
I am reading one of Michael Pollan's other books In Defense of Food. He begins his book by discussing the different reasons that people eat. Why do you eat? Does this involve your family/friends? Does it serve a purpose other than just providing nutrients to your body?
Also, I am planning a simple foods cooking night for early April where those who are part of the blog will hang out at school and cook a meal together. Just know that this is in the works. It's optional for those that are interested. Talk to you soon!
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY!
ReplyDeletenew post!:)
I was thinking it would take you at least another week to post one.
I have a question.
ReplyDeleteAre you fine with my username Cookiez?
I eat because I get hungry and because I need to put fuel into my body before I go swimming or before I go to soccer practice. I sometimes eat when I am bored.
ReplyDeleteWeeeeeeeee!!!!! A NEW BLOG =D
ReplyDeleteI eat because:1) I need to eat something if I get a headach 2)I have to eat because my mom says so 3)I am hungry
@Ms. Morrison
ReplyDeletecan you plz make the cook out nigh ANY night but saturday and tuesday?
ive got church those nights and id rlly appreciate it.
I eat because I get hungry and I need fuel for my body
ReplyDeleteI eat because I get hungry, if I don't eat I get a hunger headache, and I need fuel for my body to function properly!
ReplyDeleteI eat because I need energy. It usually doesn't involve my family and friends, my family rarely eats together at the dinner table. It provides me with nutrients and the energy/fuel I need to be able to function while im playing sports.
ReplyDeleteI eat because I am bored, frustrated, tired, feeling that my tongue needs some flavor before it shrivels up and dies, exhausted, doing homework, craving something, around friends, bored, happy, sad, angry, trying to beat a world record and having the camera battery run out RIGHT BEFORE I beat it, arriving from school, in school, smelling something delicous, bored, and hungry.
ReplyDeletereasons I do NOT eat: My mom cooked it, it's the mystery meat from the cafeteria,and I woke up at 12:00 PM and I'm afraid of waking up my parents.
I guess I need to eat to meet my interests, including hunger(except when my mom cooks it!>_<).
On most nights I eat with my brother and my mom while my dad is at work. We usually sit at the dinner table and talk and EAT (of course)! My food provides the service of getting fuel back into my body after I have swam.
ReplyDeleteI eat when I am hungry, bored, stressed and mad. It makes me feel satisfied and happy when I eat.
ReplyDeleteNEW POST :)!!! I eat when im mad bored tired sad and HUNGRY (of corse)!!!
ReplyDeletei eat because i like it
ReplyDeleteI eat because im bored hungry i usually eat with my family. I sometimes eat when im sad or mad.
ReplyDeleteI eat because I'm hungry,bored, or mad. I eat to celebrate. I eat because I'm tired. I eat because the food taste good. I eat because it is a special occasion or because my grandma only makes this type of food once a year. I eat eat because there is food in front of me. When it all comes down to it, I eat!!!
ReplyDeleteI eat only when i am forced to. Usually i dont notice my hunger and starve myself.
ReplyDeletethen i sneak in a couple bites when nobody is looking.
I eat when i'm hungary or board. It's a bad habit. Some food is just so addictive!
ReplyDelete