Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ch. 15 The Slaughterhouse

Should we eat meat? Why or why not? If so, how should animals be slaughtered?

10 comments:

  1. I believe we shouldn't eat meat. Animals shouldn't be slaughtered at all. There are four reasons why:
    1. The animals get injected with steriods and are overfead to produce more meat. When you eat that meat, all the steriods get inside your body.
    2. After the animals get slaughtered, they inject chemicals to the meat to preserve the meat and so it looks good enough to eat. When you eat it, all the carcinogenic chemicals enter your body, which can cause cancer.
    3. Before the animal gets slaughtered, the fear the animals feel, produces hormones which spread through the animals body. When you eat it,it effects mind and body.
    4. If the animal had any viruses, they're now inside of you.

    If you had to slaughter an animal, it would be the way they do it at Polyface farm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should eat meat occaisonally to better round out our diet. We should slaughter animals as humanly as possible to minimize their suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we should eat meat often but not every day. We should slaughter the animals so they do not suffer as much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you should eat meat, but not that often. We should make meat more of a special meal. We should slaughter the animals in the least painful way so that they do not suffer as much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we should eat meat. If we didn't eat any meat, then there would be too many cows, chickens, and other animals. We should eat meat in smaller portions and not as frequently though. People have been eating meat for generations. They have survived; if they didn't, we wouldn't be here. Now though you need to be a little more careful; they don't slaughter/produce the meat the same way.

    We should slaughter cows, chickens, and other livestock as humanely as possible so that they don't suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eating meat, in my opinion, is more of a ethnical and personal decision. However, I do believe that eating meat is acceptable, because man has been eating meat ever since they set foot on Earth. It is natural.

    Also, we do not have to eat meat that has been chemically treated in factories. We can raise our own cattle, or chicken, or even try to buy from less industrialized areas.

    You guys mentioned to slaughter an animal is to kill it in the most humane and least painful way possible. What is that? Chop off the head? Poison? Gas? (just kidding) Maybe we could stop their hearts from beating with some kind of artificial nerve signal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that people can eat meat, but should do so VERY frequently. As Tam said, it is what we have been doing for forever, and we are used to it. But, that does not mean it is right to treat animals like dirt. If we are going to eat meat, then animals need to be treated with gentle care and are respected. If that does not happen, then no, I don't think we should eat it in those circumstances. If there is going to be so much pain, suffering, and chemicals in my meat, I truthfully don't want to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we should eat meat. Not everyday because to much is bad for you, but occasionally. There are some important things in meat that our bodies need. If we are going to eat meat though, it should be meat raised naturally, not with added chemicals, steroids, or preservatives. Our meat should be fresh, not frozen. If we have to though, I guess frozen is better than fresh packed with chemicals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we should eat meat, I think we should eat meat because it is good for your body, it gives you protein which fruits and vegetables can't give you. I think that they should have a more sufficent way of slaughtering the animals because they might shot the animal in the wrong spot and the animal is still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry in my last post i meant infrequently, sorry!!! we should not eat meat VERY frequently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete