Thursday, April 1, 2010

Organic or Not?

Do you usually eat any organic food items? If so, what are they? They can be processed or unprocessed. What are some negative effects mentioned with organic farming?

14 comments:

  1. My family doesn't eat organic because my mom says it is too high of a price. She said that she would rather get 2 or 3 non-organic banans than 1 organic banana.

    The negitive effects of organic farming is that the chickens/cows/other animals are still being treated unfairly. And really, is orgainic corn better for cows then grass? I think not! Cows were evolved to eat grass not corn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandfather has a small garden where he grows lettuce, beets, and other exotic vegetables, which would count as organic, wouldn't it?

    Although organic farming is better than mass industrial farming, it is still processed and packaged, which uses up energy and resources traveling from place to place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never eaten organic food because my mom says it's too expensive. I don't think I have acctually seen any organic food in the stores...

    The negatives of organic farming is that it is still having to be shipped to stores. It also costs a lot to keep the lettuce factories and such like that refridgerated. (We're talking about industrial organic, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom always has to eat organic veggies no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family eats tons of organic veggies. You do not get the same taste and some people like the processed taste better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really think my family goes out of our way to get organic food because they really don't care or it's expensive, but lately I have been wanting to get organic food after reading this book :). I think the only time my family gets organic food is at the farmers market. Know that I think about it I don't really remember seeing any organic meat, but I have seen sticks on fruits, such as banananas, that say their organic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont usually eat organic foods but every now and then ill have organic salad dressing organic peanut butter. my grandmother lives in florida half of the year and there are a lot of farmers markets down there so we go to them when we visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I said at first that my family doesn't buy organic food, but my mom does buy organic salad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know for sure that my family drinks organic milk all the time. Our vegi's and fruits may or not be, I am not sure. A downside of organic farming is that it is still packaged in a big factory and shipped elsewhere, which takes fuel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family buys most of our fruits and vegetables from the farmers market. If we can't get it at the farmer's market, we get it organic from somewhere else.

    The negitive side of organic farming is (like Carly said) it still uses fuel to be shipped to other places and it still doesn't respected the animals like polyface farm does.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My family does not worry about eating organic anything. zmy brother and sister do not like to try new stuff so my mom usually doesn't by anything new.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i sometimes eat organic food and it is fruits and vegi's. a negitve effect might be not being packed with vitamins but not haveing the vitamins taken out of them when they are being processed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My family eats some organic and some non-organic. We aren't really picky as to organic or not since most "organic" isn't that much better. We do, however, eat healthy. You don't have to eat organic to eat healthy. It is just an add on to nutritional value.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We do garden in the summer though, and don't use chemicals on some of the stuff. Sometimes, when gardening at home, you have to use bugsprays. The stuff we don't use it on counts, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete